Monday, January 16, 2012

The Day After

There was an erie silence to the beginning of my day.  My senses were not awake and my focus was off.  My super suit had not come back from the cleaners and I was feeling pretty vulnerable.  Danger was in the air. 
Two days had gone by and with it my declaration to know my God better than I do now and not to give in to the temptations of sin.  I knew something was amiss and yet I could not see anything, yet in my spirit I just... knew.  Having sat up on the side of my bed it took some time to fight through the fog of sleepiness and the hope of a new day.  My hope was in the LORD, thank goodness. 

Amassed in an army ,I could not count, just outside my front door was the enemy.  One of the soldiers had an banner on a stick, very small yet the words could be seen from miles away.  I caught sight of them and was taken aback by the five letters.  The banner read WORLD.  Now that I had given myself over to the Lord and am not going to look back on my decision, the forces of evil have decided to come against me all-the-more.  What a time it will be. 

In the book of 2nd Kings 6, the prophet Elisha and his servant had such a beginning to their day.  The King of Syria sent an number of horses and chariots to 'fetch' the prophet.  It says in verse 15 that "when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots.  And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?"  The prophet Elisha said "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."  To make a short story shorter, Elisha prayed that the eyes of his servant would be opened, God answered and the eyes of the servant were opened and he saw, and beheld that the mountains was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha and his servant.

On many occassions I have read this passage of scripture and never before was it as real to me as it was the day after I made my declaration unto the Lord.  My fears did not rush to the forefront and my heart rate did not rise to v-tach levels (potentially life threatening).  Within me was the peace of God, following after the Spirit of God. No longer will I fear those things that I cannot control because I know now that God is in control.  It is with this assurance that I now go about my days and nights.  I had to purpose in my heart and spirit to let God be God around me and within me. 

Psalm 121:1-2 says "I am to lift up my eyes to the hills from which my help comes.  My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth."  Jehovah has surrounded me with a heavenly host and unless I am in HIS will then I am outside his realm of protection.  What do I need to fear?  God has made a covenant with me and it can never be broken (Numbers 23:19)        

No comments:

Post a Comment