Friday, August 19, 2016

Play (Radio Edit) P-2

At this late hour of the night, 1239 to be exact, sleep has once again eluded me and now I am trying to think of what to write for the second part of my Radio Edit trilogy.  

A blank page lays before me.  This blank page invites new words and/or pictures of expression.  Where do I go from here?
Do I continue on from a previous story or idea?  Or do I start fresh and anew?  
The possibilities become endless once the author starts putting pen to paper.  

Looking at my current situation and thinking about where I have come from, a theme had been presented to me "new beginnings".  Going through Old Testament scriptures I settle on the exodus of the nation of Israel from Egypt.  

Moses was about to lead the children of God on a journey to the land of Promise.  There was no map, no GPS and no Google earth to show them the way, and no one had been there prior to this moment.  So what happens when you go from the known to the unknown?  You simply have to trust the One who is leading you there.  
Exodus 13:21-22 (21) And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night.  (22) He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day or the pillar of fire by night from before the people.
This new job and my new apartment are blessings from the God I serve.  However, it was not easy for me to leave a place I had lived in for almost 20 years.  Israel had been in Egypt for 430 years.  For that time it was all that we both knew.  Israel and I had become accustomed to our circumstances and limitations and our chains.  Hope had become an ember.  Change was not going to come easily.     
If you have read the account then you know that this journey was not without its difficuties.
But in the end reading from Nehemiah 9:12, 19b (12) Morever You led them by day with a cloudy pillar, and by night with a pillar of fire, to give them light on the road which they should travel.  (19b) The pillar of the cloud did not depart from them by day, to lead them on the road; nor the pillar of fight by night, to show them light, and the way they should go.

God never left their side.  He was a continual presence for His chosen before, during and after the move.  How much more so would God be to me?
As the people settled into their inheritance they remembered all that Jehovah had done for them. He  led them out of Egypt, the journey through the wilderness and overcoming the nations that had come against them along the way.  I am quite sure they could not have imagined all that they had seen or heard.  I could not have imagined all that I have seen or heard as the LORD led me to where I am now.  

So, in closing, let me say this blank page will not be filled with words or pictures that come from me.  But it will be filled with the words of my MOST HIGH God who is a perpetual presence in my life.      
After all He has been spot on so far.

God bless 




No comments:

Post a Comment