Saturday, September 16, 2017

Still...episode 3.1

Jesus is the same yesterday, to day, and for ever.  Hebrews 13:8

So many things come up in our day-to-day lives that cause us to stop and take notice.  The previous three months June, July and August have been taxing.  Why?  I have failed to live up to my end of the relationship w/God as my Father and my Lord.

Yesterday:  God revealed himself to Moses in the burning bush and told him he would be the one to lead Israel out of Egyptian bondage.  Moses countered God by saying ""When I come unto the children of Israel, and say to them, the God of your father's has sent me to you; and they shall say to me, "What is His name?" What shall I say unto them?""
God's next words stilled the heart of Moses "I AM THAT I AM: (God continued) Thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you."

That is the defining moment in a person's life, when God reveals himself to you.  I have felt such an awe and wonder when my eyes were opened to who He is.  I cannot say 'was' , past tense, because at that time I AM is.  My heart pounded with a new intensity and the blood flowing through my veins had been filtered to its purest levels.  I was made anew or to use the Greek term anothen...born again.
That same God who told me who He was and who I am and who I can become is the same God still today.

"This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations." 

God is telling Moses to put that into his remembrance and to put it in the children of Israel's remembrance as well.  God is Faithful and True to all of his promises, unchangeable in his word as well as in his nature.  God has revived me with that personal revelation and now as a child of his and servant, I too must go and tell others the same.
"Go" God said to Moses.
"Go" God says to me.














No comments:

Post a Comment