Tuesday, February 13, 2018

The Moon Still Glows at Night

Sometimes at night, even in the winter months, I go for a walk to clear my head.

It is during these long walks that I try to clear my head and spend quality time with the LORD.  I talk, I pray, I listen and I wait.  The cycle is the same no matter the direction I go.

On this night the tears seemed heavier as the dragged along the edges of my face.  I stopped to pull myself together.  A couple of minutes pass and once again I start my trek to nowhere-in-particular.
Not much later and my feet grow heavy to the point that I seem to be dragging them.  My yoke is heavy.
Unless I was crossing a street or stopped under the weight of my shame, I kept my eyes on the ground before me.  All around me, the world was silent but busy.
A few feet in front of me there appeared a bright light.  At first I thought it was a street light I was preparing to walk into, but I looked up and nothing was there.
The cold winter air stopped dancing around my enclosed body.  I looked up and there before me, as if I could reach out and touch it, was the moon.

Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light for the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.  

With the darkness of night around me, and darkness of soul within, the Lifht of God still shines above them all.  There, in the symbol of the moon, was hope in my dark hour of need.

His name is Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment