Friday, May 4, 2018

Status Report

Good morning everyone.

My blog has taken a quite the hit these past few months.

Not so much though as my spiritual condition.  I have been in a tailspin and have struggled greatly to get back on track.  Pride and stubbornness have pushed me into a corner and I need to acknowledge that my way of handling things these past few months have led to failure.

Anger, frustration and a sense of hopelessness have immobilized me with fear.  Darkness and despair of soul have led me away from my personal prayer time and bible reading.
Communing with my Heavenly Father would appear to be the first necessary step in finding peace and restoration, but sadly, I chose otherwise.
Satan, our great enemy has tried to, discourage me and keep me under his foot.  To some extent he has succeeded.  However, now it is time that I reclaim my rightful place under the shadow of my God's wings.  

A couple of days ago I picked up my bible and began to read from Colossians 2.  
Speaking of Jesus, the following verses say this:
(9) For in Him dwellers all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
(10) Andre are complete in Him, which is the head of all, principality and power:
(11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
(12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Meditating on what I just read I noticed a phrase of two words that stood out.  "Ye are"
Too often when  I don't succeed at things I have the thought "I am a failure.  Why continue to try?"
That is clearly something from the pit of hell, because Jehovah  has not given me that spirit of fear.
For every forward step I take, Satan is trying to get me to stumble and fall so he can take it away from me.  Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy my relationship with God and he will continue to do so until the day I am no longer of this earth.
I, Darryl, am complete in Jesus Christ.  Jesus has total authority over all things, why then do I need to listen to Satan and fear?
Jesus, has given me a new heart not made of stone, but of flesh.  A heart of compassion and godliness that can only come from a relationship with Him.
My sinful past has been washed away, because Jesus took my punishment and allowed me to come to the cross and find forgivesness for my sins.  Sins that separated me from the God who created and loves me.

If you are a follower of the Most High God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ would you please pray for me?  I need it.  Rest assured I will also pray for you.

Have a great day and weekend.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment