Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Grace

Paul asked The Lord three times in 2 Corinthians 12:9 to remove the thorn (not a literal thorn) that has become a constant source of pain to him.  Paul attributes this thorn in the flesh as a messanger from Satan.  Paul however, may not have felt it was necessary because the Cross had taken away his sins and cleansed him beyond measure and he now was willingly a servant, bondservant of The Lord and committd to serving Him.

Having made his request know Paul waited for an answer and received this from God.  
"My grace is sufficient for you: My strength is made perfect in weakness."
The grace spoken of here is sustaining grace.  This form of grace upholds us in those times when we seem unable to stand or go on.  We are definitely at a weak moment in our life as a follower of Jesus Christ.  

It is in the wee hours of Tuesday morning (0313) that i find myself writing this blogpost.  Why?  
I am weak.  I needed to be in the presence of the LORD and find shelter.  And forgiveness for my sin.
Need I ask why this scripture came to mind?  No!!  
God has given me the strength, grace, power and means to overcome this besetting sin in my life.  Yet each day is a struggle to not recognize it.  
"Lord would it not be better to just simply take it away from me?"  (that is my flesh crying out).
My spirit on the other hand says, "thy will be done."  The conflict rages.

God's grace has been a mystery to me because it is found in many areas of the bible and it seems to take on many different forms.  I know that grace is the undeserved favor of God and I stand by that.  I, Darryl, am undeserving.  But it does not end there.  
Grace...carries the Power of God 
          ...strengthens us in moments of weakness
        ...saves us
          ...purifies
Like I said many forms and there are more.

Paul goes on to say (verse 10) "I take pleasure in infirmities (human frailty), in reproaches (overbearing attitude), in necessities (times of need), in persecutions, in distresses (anguish of soul) for the sake of Christ: for when I am weak (seems to be always) then I am strong (God's multifaceted grace is there to keep me).

So it seems to me that I should always glory in the LORD because at no point in my life is His grace not doing something for me.  What a hard lesson it is to learn but unless I learn and understand the grace(s) of God the buffeting Satan does to me will cause me to succomb.  

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment