Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It Was Necessary

I find the word of God troubling at times because of my lack of understanding of some scriptures.  However, there are times when the scriptures I do read come through LOUD and CLEAR.

While reading from the books of Acts last night I came across the term 'it was necessary'.  
(Found in Acts 13:46-48)

What was necessary in this case is the Gentiles (non-Jewish) people would now be afforded the chance to inherit eternal salvation thought the hearing of the gospel message.  Why?  As we know, the Jewish nation has rejected the claim that Jesus Christ was the long promised Messiah they had been looking for.  Let me add the scripture:  Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles."  
Recently I have been sharing with several people at work and one person in particular has even threatened me with physical harm.  (His words were empty).  But, as I recall most of the accounts of the early church, violence was a part of the reason for spreading of the salvation message.  My concern is not the gospel or the violence.  Just as Israel was passed over because of their rejection of Messiah; at what point when those we share with continually reject Jesus and are passed over themselves?  Will it be for a season?  Will that season of silence cause them to look inwardly and somehow realize their need for repentance?  What trial or tribulation will they experience at the hand of God causes them to rethink their position?  Although Israel was passed over they were not forgotten.  God did send apostles and disciples and others to proclaim Jesus and a great many people gained eternal life. The cost was great but the reward is far greater.  I shudder to think what will happen in a persons life that will cause them to finally acknowledge their need for Jesus in their lives?  Or they finally realize they have no hope because of hardened hearts.  
By the grace of God, His love reached me.  I so want others to see God's love for them, but sadly His Word says many will not.  
It was necessary for me to see God's love through the death of my mother, because all I could think about was how much she loved God and was rooted in prayer and His word.  Quite often I have wanted my mothers faith.  Life never seemed to difficult for her because she only depended on God.  It is necessary for me to have my difficulties in life and I will.  But, those moments in the valley are making it necessary for me to grow from glory to glory.

I will pray for my coworkers and do so until I expel my last breath on this earth.  It is necessary until they see it.  I just pray that day comes before the Lord does and they find themselves in His presence where Jesus is their Saviour and not their Judge.  



No comments:

Post a Comment