Friday, May 27, 2016

Founded and Established--1

This morning while praying I asked a question of God.  
"If I were to die today, would I forever live in Your heavenly kingdom?  Based on how I have lived."

It was not my intention to bring that up, as I was just spending time praying and fellowshipping with the Most High Father.  Yet, my heart has become grieved lately and I had pondered it on several other occassions during personal bible studies.

Psalm 24 was my guide today. 
(3) Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD?  Or who may stand in His holy place?  (4) He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully.

After my question to God I then said to Him, " I don't want to have spent my life living for You and find myself lacking when I stand before You."
During these coming days, and further into the future, many people who have once walked closely with God will start to drift away from Him.  Their church attendance will fall off and Sunday will be the only time the are in church.  I look at the world around me and what is going on and I can see God is shaking it, and trying to get the attention of its inhabitants.
We are not listening.

And what about the body of Christ (the church)?  I am not questioning my salvation, but I do not want to become complacent. If God is not first in my life or I continue in a sinful pattern, God will leave me alone to my own desires.  Many scriptures in the bible point to a seperation of true and false believers within the sheepfold.  Sheep to the right and goats to the left.
I want to be standing next to Jesus in righteousness and not before Him, judged unworthy to enter in because of disobedience.


God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment