Sunday, May 1, 2016

Waiting

A couple of days ago, while sitting in my kitchen, I started thinking about prayer, I believe.  Not quite sure.  

As a believer in Jesus Christ I wait and look for His coming back to rapture the church.  
Romans 8:23 tells of us waiting for the redemption of our body.
1 Corinthians 1:7 waiting for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, 
And 1 Thessalonians 3:5 reads we are to wait patiently for Christ.

Waiting.  

Those three passages speaks of the hope we have as children of God.  
But...
Does God have a hope for us?
Is He waiting as well? 
Yes and yes.

As much as I look forward to leaving this fallen world, in death or the rapture, I cannot  stop and rest on my laurels. God says in 2nd Chronicles 7:15 "Now my eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place."
What is God waiting for? 
Jehovah is waiting for His called people to come together in one accord and seek His goodness for our nation once again.  Goodness being His mercy and forgiveness.  The body of Christ is the key to the present times we live in.  We are the intercessors and buffer from the coming judgment of God or the coming wave of blessings upon our land.   
Go to verse 14 where it says " if my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from the wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins and heal their land." 

God is waiting for the born again believers to do spiritual battle for this land of ours.  
Our sins and our wicked ways have caused this nation to turn backwards.  Prayer is the only thing that can save us now.  Are we ready to do battle?  Or are we ready to lay down our arms?

I'm willing and ready to fight.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment