Thursday, July 21, 2016

381

Some time has passed since I last sang from my hymnal.  

It was during my time of prayer when I heard the words "sing a song". 
Not having used it for a while, it took me a few seconds to find my hymnal buried under a pile of papers.

As I turned the pages I looked for songs I had not heard before and try them out.  Praise God I found two good ones.  Song #1 "I Am His and He is Mine" reminds me that no matter who or what, God will always be there for me.

Song #2 "Soldiers of Christ, Arise" is a call to arms for these current times.  A not so subtle reminder to keep fighting the fight of faith and the wiles of the devil.  Ephesians 6:11-18 & Isaiah 60:1-5 come to mind as I sing this song.


Soldiers of Christ, arise, and put your armor on
Strong in the strength which God supplies through His eternal Son
Strong in the Lord of hosts, and in His mighty power
Who in the strength of Jesus trusts Is more than conqueror.

Stand then in His great might, with all His strength endued
And take, to arm you for the fight, the panoply of God;
That having all things done, and all your conflicts past
Ye may overcome, through Christ alone, and stand entire at last.

Leave no unguarded place, no weakness of the soul
Take every virtue, every grace, and fortify the whole
From strength to strength go on, wrestle and fight and pray
Tread all the powers of darkness down, and win the well fought day.


Lots of encouragement in those words. 
Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment