Saturday, July 9, 2016

O LORD my God

"O LORD my God" are the opening words to Psalm 7.  "In You I trust" finishes the verse.

The header for this chapter reads as such, A meditation of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning the words of Cush, a Benjamite.

Following the shock and horror being displayed befor my eyes regarding the recents events of the past week I can say " I want Jesus' return to happen yesterday."
Evil seems to be prevailing and many more battles are beginning daily in many towns across this land.
Injustices the central theme which is leading to, unfortunately, racial divides.

Quoting the words of Jesus Crhist in Matthew 5:44-45  (44) "but I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for,those who spitefully use you and persecute you, (45) "that you may be sons (and daughters) of your Father in heaven; for He makes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust."

In the natural we want to respond in kind and lash out at the disregard for human life.  It is understandable.  Yet Jesus says "respond supernaturally" with prayer, with a heart of compassion and love.  
Skin pigmentation does not matter.  The condition of their soul does.  Weep for the victims and their families while also weeping for the perpetrators.   
If we do that, then our next words should be the beginning of our prayer to God.

"O LORD my God......"

God bless and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment