Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Valley series--Intermission A

This song has quickly become one of my favorites.  The title is Take Me through this Valley.  
As of late many people seem to be having 'valley moments' in their lives.   Myself included.

For some time I had stopped blogging and even writing on the side in my journal and other projects.
Life appeared to be at a standstill.  Work was not too important and I just wanted to be alone.  
These 'valley moments' used to take me away from God.  Now, they draw me closer.
I began to read the psalms more and then something happened.  Just as I knew the presence of God during my happy days, I began to experience the nearness of God in all of my struggles.  
I was not moved to the point of not wanting to be in His presence as I had been before.  

God was not the cause.  God was the answer.  
I started praying the psalms.
I started singing the psalms.
Not long after, my spirit found peace and joy once again.
Valleys are not easy to get through.  The road seems long and we are always looking up at the peak which looks to be far beyond our endurance to reach it.  
Look at it from another perspective.  Look past the peaks and the difficult mountain climb and look to the One who made them and know that:
(1). He is with you every step of the way.  God will never leave you nor forsake you.
(2). Once you climb out of the valley, you will realize God has taken your faith to new heights and stretched you beyond what you thought possible.

Enjoy the song and if you have a favorite song or two that has helped you through 'valley moments' please share.  

God bless.





No comments:

Post a Comment