Saturday, February 25, 2017

America Runs On......

I'm sure you can finish the statement above.

Right now I am sitting in Dunkin Donuts enjoying a cup of coffee and a blueberry donut.

As I was walking home it started to rain, so I ducked inside to get refreshed and wait out the wet season.
Not all of my days turnout to be this care free and it feels good to sit here and look at the others around me conversating away.

Surprise, suprise thunder and lightning.  Good thing I made the detour.

These days a few and far between.  I often long for escapes from the daily grind, by doing nothing.  Well, not doing nothing, but finding a place without so much noise.  Life has become noisy for me as I have realized how much there is going on around me. Life is too busy.
While out earlier I found this book in Ollie's Bargin Outlet.  The title intrigued me and I could not pass it up.  I am looking forward to reading it.


                    

Truth be told there is entirely too much turmoil within me right now.  I'm seeking comfort not from life, but from the Lord.  Getting out and blending in with others and doing the things I used to do has been therapeutic for me.  Writing has been a constant in my life from my earliest days (that and trouble).  
As I think back God has been so faithful to me in all things.  
David wrote in Psalms 36:5 saying "Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds."
I truly love the LORD. I long to, with a great burning desire, be with Him right now in heaven away from this place.  I cannot imagine what hell would be like eternally separated from God.  My heart aches some days for death or the rapture.  I would never try to hurt myself or expedite my trip to heaven.  Please don't get the wrong idea.  This life hurts and I don't want to hurt anymore.
Yet, Jesus tells us to "endure to the end." Hmm.  My physical endurance and tolerance has lessened over the years but spiritually I'm still building it up.  There are no shortcuts to eternity.  

On a side note, the rain is not letting up.  That's ok.  I bought a sandwhich just so I can sit here a little longer and think.

Well, I going to end there and start on my new book.  How is your day going?  Drop a line and let me know.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment