Friday, March 10, 2017

Seasons

And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Genesis 1:14

Seasons.

Winter (current season), spring (highly anticipated), summer and fall.  Then the cycle starts again.
Winter, spring, summer and fall.

Depending on your geographic location, you are at present experiencing summer,winter, spring or fall.  Despite our feelings about certain seasons we do, or better yet, have to go through them all.
Each season in itself reveals something different and we are to adapt in proportion to the season and its requirements.
As i have gotten older I find myself liking the warmer seasons more so than the colder seasons.  As for me the summer can hot sometimes and i find myself struggling to function in the oppressive heat. Winters are the same in that i find it hard to function when my body temperature is low or the multilayered clothing restricts my movement.


On that note life for many of us has its seasons as well.  Unfortunately the seasons of life are not as few as the seasons of this world, nor can we mark a calendar and denote its beginning or its end.
Life has many lessons for us to learn as we pass from stage to stage.  We are babies, then children, teenagers, young adults and finally adulthood to the golden years.

Several weeks ago i had a bout of depression and to combat this i started searching the scriptures and praying the psalms asking the LORD to guard my mind and protect me from harmful thoughts. This was not my first experience with depression, however it was the first time that I sought the wisdom of the Bible and the Holy Spirit.
As i progressed through the scriptures i began to see other 'seasons' in the lives of many people and my faith, dependance and view of God increased all-the-more because of it.
As i concluded my search i starting postulating blogposts about the seasons of life we go through as human beings.  Thus, the Season series was birth. I pray you enjoy them.

God bless



No comments:

Post a Comment