Friday, March 17, 2017

Awake

The time reads 0111, March 17.  Once again I'm awake.  For the past week or so, I've had a difficult time staying asleep once I fall asleep.  

In order to help me pass the time i would listen to podcasts on my iPad.  I would make something to eat ( not a good idea) or i would eat ice cream (see previous quotation marks). 

Notice that I did not say anything about prayer or reading my bible.  That comes two days later.  😪😪😪

After I realized my error I began to seek the Lord.  First for forgiveness.  I have spent a good part of my days not spending time in His presence and when I did it was for my own needs.  
Secondly, I wanted to come back to the Fountain of Living water.  I was dry, almost to the point of barrenness.  
David says in the last half of Psalm 63:1 
"My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water."
I did not see my need until I saw the breaks in my spiritual skin.  My skin was ashen. Half-hearted attempts in prayer and bible reading are not enough to get through the day.  If definitely does no good when fighting spiritual battles. 

My laying awake in the wee hours of the morning are now filled with prayer for the lost and spending time with the Lord.  
On the fourth day, my spirit was given notice.  If you are not going to spend time with Me during the day, I will get your attention during the night.
He has.  But you know what?  It's totally worth it.  

God bless




No comments:

Post a Comment