Friday, July 21, 2017

Even I

Elijah's weariness was growing.  Not with the God he served, but in general.

I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD.  

Sometimes in this walk of faith we may feel as if we are alone.  But we are not.  Through our circumstances we fail to see clearly God and therefore do recognize His plan.
Today is the last day of our Independence Day weekend outreach. Weekend being from set-up Friday to tearing down Tuesday afternoon.  The 4th fell on a Tuesday this year.

What does God require of us as we go about doing the task He has called us to?
Faithfulness.
Plain and simple.

In what was obviously a high moment in the life of the man of God, Elijah looks outward and sees a people lost and confused and he alone defending the Most High God.  Even I, foolishly, see that 'aloneness' within the body of Christ.  Why?  The division.  The feuding over doctrine and interpretation of the inspired word of God.  Can a lost world be reached by those in whom the Truth has been intrusted?  No.
Elijah saw God's own children joining in with those who worshipped the Baal god.  Division,
doctrinal differences, confusion.
For the ONE TRUE GOD to be seen today we must not look outward and see the lack.  We must look inward and let His holy fire within us show the  need for Him and return to Him.  God is not slack concerning His promises.  God is also not lacking in servants.  He divinely tells Elijah, in 1st Kings 19 " I have reserved for me 7,000 who have not bowed their knees to the false god of Baal."

Even I can now see, that God has a faithful remnant of servants who serve Him alone.  In need not look at the 'lack of the body of Christ' because I have fallen into judging them. Yet, I must continue to do my accepted part and pray for others to do so as well.

God bless and have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment