Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Still

Good morning everyone.  It has been some time since I posted an actual post and I do apologize.  Furthermore I would like to ask you all to forgive me for not replying to your posts more than I have.  My priorities have gotten mixed up. 


Just to give you an update I am currently working on a series of post titled, no not titled, but relating to the word still.  Come to think of it the word "still" has held a lofty spot within my blogs over the years.  There has to be a lesson there somewhere.  Getting back to my point. 
This past Sunday during our evening service this word kept playing in my mind and I made a note on the back of the bulletin to flesh out any ideas I may have.  Well, wouldn't you know I have three posts and two videos.  The posts are still (pun not intended) in the early stages.  Hopefully within the next week or so I shall have them ready for the public.


What caused me to reflect on the word was something my pastor said about us as children of God.  Despite our weaknesses, failures and sin, we are still God's children.
Isaiah 41:10 says Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Why would the Almighty do that?  Because He loves us.  Another verse in the same chapter God tells me "I have chosen thee and will not cast thee away." 
If God is making that promise, then you better believe I am trusting Him to keep it. 
Jesus his son, reconfirms this love covenant with us in John 10:29 My Father, which gave them to me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.


Unlike myself and many people we all know, God is person of His word.  The holy scriptures bear that out.  Well, that is all for now and I need to get in some bible reading.  I cant say that being up a 0134 is my idea.  Definitely not.  So God must have called me aside to do some reading and praying. 
Have a good day and as always God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment