Monday, July 9, 2012

HIS Rest (3)

My heart was pounding in my chest.  One of two explanations was running around in my mind--atrial fibrillation or my heart was about to make a(n) surprise appearance in our church service, by jumping out of my chest.  I stood there now knowing if I should flee?  My feet were anchored to its spot and there was no turning back. 
After a minute or two, I knew what I had to do.  Humble myself, yield to the Spirit and ask for prayer. 

Prayer.  Spiritual communication with God. 

My steps were slow and unsure, yet, I just knew without a shadow of a doubt i was being led by HIS Spirit.  I lifted my hands in surrender.  That being the most important--surrender.  I had come to a point within  and in spite of myself, that I needed to let God have the pre-eminate position (of master) in my life.  Just like the people in the upper room in Acts chapter 2, when they were filled with Holy Spirit, I felt HIS presence and cleansing from within.  Something was happening.  I cannot call it a new-birth because that came with my acceptance of Jesus as my saviour, but I can call it a 'restoration' and returning to my first love.  Oh, the joy of knowing HIM and having that constant fellowship with HIM. 

During this time I said very little. What could I say?  God knew my heart and I needed not add anything to the conversation.  It seems a contrast from the old testament High Priests in the Torah and how often they made intercession for the people, going before God in the tabernacle.  Now, Jesus is our High Priest and we can go boldly before the throne of God and make our requests know ourselves.  What a privilege.  What an honor.  What a God!!! 

God routinely asks His people to enter into His rest and not let the cares of life keep us from experiencing HIM. 

Let me close on this note.  We miss entering into God's rest because of unbelief.  Hebrews 4:3 says, " For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he (God) said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world." 
My life consists of much unrest, civil unrest if you will, and my soul was aching for rest and I found it in the Lord.                

No comments:

Post a Comment