Friday, August 17, 2012

Book Club

A month or so ago someone in my church gave me a book to read.  From time to time people suggest books or authors for me to read and if I feel led then I will.  Most of the time I politely refuse.  Well, the someone who recommended this book was under the age of 12.  Hmm, what book could it be?  What kind of book could it be?  The children of today definitely have different views about life than I did as a child.  On a whim I said yes to the book and I have truly enjoyed reading it.  It is simple (appreciated) and funny (not overly so).  The book I am perusing is called "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days".  No, your eyes do not deceive you. I am almost compelled to go and look for the movie(s).  What a treat this has turned out to be for me to read and to see similarities in his life and mine, if all in the book can be called true?  Well, I am half-way into it and look forward to the ending.  I wonder if there is a sequel?     

No comments:

Post a Comment