Monday, January 25, 2016

He Spoke This to Me--Micah

He hath shown thee, O man, what is good; and what the LORD requires of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?   Micah 6:8

God says in His word we are to grow from glory to glory being changed into the image of Christ, by the Spirit of the LORD (2 Corinthians 3:18).  Yet, I feel as though I have hit the perverbial wall in my growth.

Turning over in my bed I looked at the clock and I read 0330.  Trying to go back to sleep would be futile, so I got up.  I then decided to go downstairs to my kitchen and read.   
With the events of the last couple of days I figured sleep would come easy.  I had no plans for Saturday so the snow storm did not affect me.  Sunday is a time I spend in church And with the later service time I was sure to be well rested.  Throughout the two days I spent most of my time praying and reading the bible and watching a tv show on my laptop.  

Times like that are few and far between.  Seeking closeness to God was great. But there was still an emptiness within my soul.  

Once downstairs and settled in my chair with a nice hot cup of tea, I turned to the book of Micah and aforementioned verse.  Here is where I start to squirm.

What has He (God) shown me?  God has shown me what is acceptable to Him and what is most desired of Him from me His spokesperson to a lost and dying world.  If I am to be an ambassador for Christ, all that I say and do carries the weight of His Authority and His Name.

1. To do justly--I must be a man of honor and integrity in all my dealings both personal and    
     professional.
2. To love mercy--I must be a man full of compassion and faithfulness.
3. To walk humbly with God--I am to be obedient to Jehovah.  I am to be watchful in prayer and 
     service not seeking any glory for myself. 

I can honestly say my attitude and behavior these last few months have been the exact opposite of a God fearing, godly, spirit-filled man.  Outwardly I have put on a pious show, but my heart was exposed to El-Roi, the God who sees.
In Matthew 15:8 Jesus says to the scribes and Pharisees, " this people draw near to me with their mouths and honour me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." 

I cannot deny what is true.  
The emptiness, the restlessness, the uncertainty within me was a result of sin.  Plain and simple.
God is sifting me and He is finding me in want.













No comments:

Post a Comment