Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Here (God and Grace)

A very present help in trouble


My body has made a home in my recliner yet my mind is still pursuing its own interests.
The noise of the day has not ceased for one iota.

All of creation is asking for justice. 

(Those to whom breath has been given.)
A young women in her 20's was caught stealing at the mall.  Instead of confessing her guilt she proceeds to scream and yell obscenities at the security guard who caught her in the act. Daring him to open her bag to retrieve the stolen items.
While going to work this morning an ambulance, fire truck and police car raced down the road towards the interstate in a mad dash to get to a motor vehicle accident.
One of my co-workers is speaking quiet loudly because a supervisor said something about her work habits.
In each situation I bowed my head in prayer for all involved and thanked God for His grace.

God reached out to me in my sin and offered forgiveness along with redemption.  All I needed to do was acknowledge my guilt.
Each day living in sin was one day closer to eternal separation and being condemned to hell.  I had no guarantees of living beyond my next heartbeat.
As the Spirit of God spoke loudly to me and showed me my need for a Saviour, I accepted.  

The writer of Hebrews says in chapter 4 verse 16 says Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
The 'us' spoken of in this passage is the born-again child of God.  Only through the shed blood of Jesus can we get near the throne of the MOST HIGH God.  
There is saving grace, the work of the cross, and there is sustaining grace, God keeping us and helping us to get through our day.  God's grace sustains even those who have not yet obtained salvation, because everyday that they have the breath of life, they are given another chance to accept the work of the cross.

In each instance above the grace of God was bestowed.  Was it accepted?  Two-out-of-three says no.
What about the accident victim?  I don't know.  That is why I prayed, so that God may grant them a few more minutes of life for someone to share Jesus with them or that this accident may be in turn a 'wake-up' call to them.  Only God knows.
What I do know is that God is ready to act on the behalf of all who call upon Him.  Truly, seeking Him and wanting turn away from their sin.  
My troubles have ceased because I stand in the shadow of the cross of Jesus and under the sheltered  of the Almighty.  God will keep me and protect me no matter what.  My mindset is not for the here and now, but for a future reward--heaven.  

God bless



No comments:

Post a Comment