Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday morning

I received a text message from a friend of mine sometime around 550 this morning.  "You are up early!" I replied in mild suprise.  Mel. G texted back, 'I'm getting ready for work." 
Not quite bankers hours I would say.

As the news from this past weekend plays out over the radio and the rain gently taps against my window, I'm warmed by the message from Sunday morning and the fellowship of bible study with other believers.  However, i also am trying to process the bombings in New York, the stabbings in Minnesota and more homemade explosives found in backpacks in New York.   

The bible says we as believers have dual citizenship.  Although we live on this earth our home is in heaven.  
The apostle Paul writes in Philippians 3:20 for our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
We are also told that although we live in this world we are not to live for this world. One world, Earth, encompasses our physical existence.  While the other world, Heaven, will be home to our spiritual glorified bodies, when we die.  Believers that is.
What troubles me (myself included) is are we as the bearers of this great and marvelous gift of the message of salvation going out and sharing Jesus?  The church is experiencing great spiritual battles within and without.  Many Christians are fighting battles on many fronts as well.  Yet, as we prepare to go about our day and live our lives, are we awaiting the return of Jesus Christ to call us home?  Are we continuing on with the great commission?  
For a time I was only concerned with 'myself and my needs.'  No one else mattered.  God dealt with me and made me realize that my needs were His concern and I was to do what He had placed in my hands to do.  Go out and save souls.  
The current state of the church tells me many will fall away from the faith because of false teachers and false doctrines.   Many more will have their relationship with the Father will grow cold.  Trials and tribulations will give way to wrongly placed prayers and unfounded trust in man.  This is the deception that Jesus warned His disciples and us about in Matthew 24:4 "Take heed that no one deceives you." 

To whomever is reading this post I encourage you to STAY STRONG IN THE FAITH IN WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN.  TRUST ONLY IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.  SEEK THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR WISDON AND DIRECTION.  LEAN ON NO ONE ELSE.

It is with that fervent desire that I shall pray for you.  I will pray for your families and friends who are unsaved.  Please pray for me.

Thank you and have a great day.

God bless









No comments:

Post a Comment