Thursday, September 15, 2016

Untitled

Good morning to all.

A couple of days ago I was having a difficult start to the day.  So, as I rode the bus to work I said a prayer to the Lord above, "Father, would you please send someone my way this morning to offer some words of encouragement?  You know I don't ask for signs and wonders, but just to send someone to talk to and fellowship with.  Sometimes I feel alone." 

I got to McDonald's and decided to get a coffee and spend a few minutes their.  I pulled out my IPad and bible (you can guess which one got the most attention).  I waited hoping someone would be an answer to my prayer.  5, 10, 15, 20 minutes passed and nothing.  I put my things away and headed off to work.  

While crossing the street the Lord spoke to me "you asked me to send someone your way to talk to you and encourage you.  Yet, when I sat down with you, you, ignored me.  Why would I send someone to do what I am more than willing to do myself?"  
I was ashamed of myself.  Instead of reading the bible and listening for God, I played around on my iPad.  My prayer was answered, but I had missed out on the blessing of fellowship with the Father.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment