Monday, March 5, 2012

Sweet Potatoe Pie

Hmm, hmm good.  Sweet potato pie(1) is my all-time favorite desert and I cannot get along without it.   Since I was a little boy I have always loved sweet potato pie(2).  IT IS the all-american food. 

I remember a scene from the movie 'Super Troopers' where the one officer had to say the word, meow, 9 or 10 times to a person they had stopped. It was quite funny (the scene and the movie).  Throughout this blog you will see the words 'sweet potato pie'(3) several times although I doubt I will set any records for doing so.  This is a sweet potato pie(4).


 


YUMMY, YUMMY,YUMMY.   No, I am not licking the screen.

Sweet potato pies(5,6) have been around since the time of the dinosaurs, which is why dinosaurs no longer exist, they killed each other off fighting over these pies.  Scientifically proven of course.  In the belly of the mammoth the found in the block of ice many years back was the tell-tell signs of..... sweet potato pie(7).

Mom used to make sweet potato pies(8,9) for me.  It was like a weekly ritual in our home and I am proud to say mom's sweet potato pie(10) was the best.  Since that time i too have taken to making sweet potato pies(11,12), but not as much as I would like to.  Quick reminder of what it looks like, sweet potato pie(13):





Notice the procession from a whole sweet potato pie(14), to a slice of sweet potato pie(15) being taken out and eaten.  Still, I am not licking the screen.
Over the years my recipe for the sweet potato pie(16) has changed and gotten better if I may say so, but it will never taste as good as the very first slice I ever tried.




Well, as you can see I am on the last piece of sweet potato pie(17) and this means i have also come to the end of my homage to sweet potato pie(18) and my blog.  WOW!!! 18 mentions, must be a record somewhere?

(No sweet potatoes were harmed during the writing of this blog. All sweet potatoes willingly gave of themselves for the making of the sweet potatoe pie.) That one is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment