Tuesday, April 17, 2012

μωρός άνήρ

The words in the title describe me to a "T" sometimes.  Hold it.  (Why do they say to a "T" when describing someone?  What does the "T" stand for?)  Unless you or someone you know, knows Greek the title will be hard to decipher.  Need not worry the answer is revealed in the end.  My life has been a series of ups and downs these past few months and I have struggled with the many changes going on.   The one constant that should have been, the presence of the Lord, was not!!  Why?  This falls solely on my shoulders because God is the same yesterday, today and forever.  The variable, always changing, is me.  During the days when Jehovah is the center of my life there is pure bliss.  The sun is shining, clouds are bulging with puffiness and a sweet aroma fills air.  As I look around, people are saying hello, good morning and afternoon with genuine meaning.  WOW!!

So what happens when the clouds appear a wee bit darker?  How do I feel when I get fewer acknowledgements in my day?  God is still god.
As my perception changes and "I" begin to take on the role of senior advisor and push God to the background reality sets in that somewhere along the way I forgot who made it all possible.  I Corinthians 1:29 states, "no man shall glory in the presence of the LORD."  Hmm. What have I been doing?  As I have read throughout the scriptures God is working beforehand in the lives of his people and we either do not realize so or acknowledge it.  Most often we don't know God is working beforehand because we are focused only on the moment.  My life becomes my own and then it all starts to unravel.  God is still god.

Proverbs 16:9 sheds a lot of light on this human phenomenon.  "A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD determines his steps."  Pretty profound statement from a book that has 1000's of them.
God is god because HE KNOWS.  He is ETERNAL, ALL-KNOWING, ALL-SEEING and ALL-POWERFUL.  I on the other hand am foolish, blinded by sin, mortal, and weak.  There is nothing I can offer God that would benefit 'our partnership'.  Only a foolish man would think that way (count me as one). 

Have you figured out what the title is?  Post a comment and let me know.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment