Monday, October 29, 2012

Attends My Way

(This post is actually several days old.  My laptop crashed and I finally am able to get it done and posted.)

I nestle against the siding of my back porch looking through the wooden bars that comprise my railing. Off in the distance I hear the train rumbling its way across the tracks,  Going north I presume. The moon sits high on its evening perch looking down on me. I wonder what he (Mr. Moon) could be thinking? A few stars dot the sky, enough to count on my hands and toes. They too, are reminders of Elohim (creator of all things), and I remind them of Jehovah (creator of man).

My soul wants to cry out for relief, yet my spirit says to "stand still". Why must this warring go on? I had less difficulty BEFORE I believed.  Probably because I was already in Satan's grasp and did not know it at the time.  I cannot pretend to know what God has planned for me, and I definitely cannot figure out God.  Yet, still I take comfort in His word.

In the desert after Satan departed Jesus, having tempted Him, angels came and ministered to Him (Jesus).  Throughout His trial in the desert Jesus took comfort in the word of God and it was His defense against the tricks of the evil one.  Fast forward three years as we near the end of the earthly ministry of Yeshua as He is in the garden of Gethsemane praying to the Father.
The bible says in Matthew 26:38 (Jesus speaking)"My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death.  Stay here and watch with Me."  Even at that time while in the midst of a great battle with Satan concerning the Cross, Jesus had angels come and minister to Him.  Jesus was tempted as I am, soooo.....could not the angels of heaven come and minister to me in my hour of great spiritual battle?  Yes and what a joy.  Hebrews 1:14 reminds me that angels of God are ministering spirits sent by the Father to help those who will inherit salvation.  I am a child of the Most High and this is yet another benefit of being called His child.  Praise God.  I take comfort, as did Jesus, in the promises contained in the bible and I gladly give God the glory when He hears my prayers and offers peace to replace my fear and dread in a time where that seems to be all that the world offers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment