Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Faint Not

Right now I am fighting being awake. 0321 in the morning and I cannot fall asleep. Other than looking at the inside of my blankets and stuffing my face (serious downside to being awake at such an hour), I am prompted to pray for several people within my church congregation and others.

It seems in these days as I/we can almost SENSE the return of our Messiah Jesus Christ, praying becomes all the more important. Life in its own way becomes less routine and more chaotic. Thinking back to recent events, Sandy, and things to come (election day) mankind still has not seen the warning signs. I will forgo the usual "whys and how come" simply because I would be beating a dead horse.

So. To take my mind off of the things I cannot control, I put my efforts into things I can control--praying and reading from the bible. This morning, slight chuckle, I am led to Psalm 27 and the promises of said scripture.
Hurricane Sandy and the presidential elections causes me to reflect on verse 1 and what it says. "The LORD is my life and my salvation; of whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of who shall I be afraid?"
The answer to both questions is nothing. God will put in the White House whomever HE sees fit to bring about His will. Sandy on the other hand is God's way of saying "Listen to Me."

Having confirmed my faith in the Most High God, I go to verse 14 which says "Wait on the LORD and be of good courage: and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait ,I say, on the LORD."
My waiting is not in the 'here and now' of day to day living, however my waiting is in the promise of His calling me home someday. That calling could come via the Rapture or in my death. I am not immune or numb to what is going on in the world around me. God forbid. I am made more alive by these 'instances' within the very fabric of our existence. Having a biblical worldview has caused me to both fear God and love Him. I am no longer bound by the limitations of 'human thinking', but I now see (both spiritually and physically) ALL THINGS from a greater, much greater perspective-- God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment