Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Psalms 103:2 says, "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits."
Today is Thanksgiving day and I would like to wish everyone a wonderful and happy day. Don't eat to much food. I know it was useless putting that in.
Going back to the aforementioned verse from the psalmist, I/we have forgotten the 'benefits' of knowing God. The writer goes on to list some of them. Forgiveness, healing, redeemed, and given a crown. He too, gives me a testimony to sing His praises for the new life I have been given.

On this day I would like to thank God for His unfailing love. It is that love that sent Jesus to the cross (For God so loved that He gave His only Son). It is that same love that draws me and keeps me (you are loved with an everlasting love and with this love I have drawn you to me). God's love extends to the far corners of world and beyond. Just recently I have read about the history of thanksgiving and have a better understanding of its meaning.
There are times when I forget all that I have and am, because of God. Ephesians 1 list some other benefits I have obtained through my relationship with God. Citizenship in heaven, adoption, fellowship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Whew!! Who needs turkey? My thankfulness goes far beyond the superficial trappings of a day that has lost its meaning to most.
So, as I make my way to I-84 and the rest area, take time out of your day and truly give thanks to THE ONE who made all this possible--GOD.
Gobble gobble.

No comments:

Post a Comment