Friday, June 14, 2013

Eight=the least of these

God has looked upon my affliction and granted me deliverance.

Several years ago, I could not fathom those words coming from my lips.  Yet now, I continually thank Him for the awesome privilege He has given me.  What is this great privilege bestowed upon me?  It is the gift of children. 

Not my own children, although they factor into the equation.  Many, many years ago I lost touch with my own children and the pain was too great to bare.  I was essentially stooped in depression and apathy.  I had NO motivation whatsoever.  I merely existed.  Life day-to-day meant nothing to me.  All I wanted was to see my kids.  For years that was my prayer to God and He granted it and for two days I saw them and marveled at how they had grown, looked and acted like their mother and I.  That was eight years ago.

Whoa!!  What about the opening sentence? 
Well, what about it?

My kids may be out there in the world somewhere and I long to see them but as I said..."God has looked upon my affliction and delivered me".
In His infinite wisdom God has provided other children with whom I can most certainly call my own.  (Although I am quite sure some of them would deny knowing me with some jokes I pull on them). The void of not having my two kids in my life now has been filled by kids I teach at my church about the Lord Jesus.  It is these kids that God has put a love in my heart for, because He has a love in His heart for them and through me He teaches them of a love that is SO great.

Jesus made two profound statements relating to children during His time on earth.  Matthew 18:3 "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." 
Kids are trusting, open and very discerning when it comes to adults.  Yet, they are without preconceived ideas.  What you see is what you get. 
Matthew 19:14 "Let the children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for such is the kingdom of heaven." 
Hmm.  Once again, trusting, discerning and without preconceived ideas.  Having faith.  We must come to know God, through the Son, led by the Spirit as a child.  Why?  Children are undefiled by the world system and all its trappings.  Children trust what is being said to them and don't offer their own opinion.  That is how God wants us/me to be with Him.  Trusting in Him.  Unless I have faith in God and what He says and does, I cannot enter into heaven because of unbelief. 

Children are important to God.  We become God's children when we are born again in our spirit.  Oftentimes we look past children because they 'have no idea' or 'they are not old enough to know' or 'they are too young'.  But we can learn a lot by their actions and the amount of faith they put in those around whom they trust.  I, never in my lifetime, would have imagined being used by God for "His eternal purposes" but here I am.  O the joy that floods my soul when we gather together and speak His name.

The least of these, in age, maturity and understanding, have a better grasp of the "eternal" more so than some of us "older ones".  It is with this truth in mind that I lay my two children at the feet of God and lean on Him to keep them and watch over them wherever they may be.  God is big enough to protect them.  I on the other hand need to focus on the children He has placed in my hand and lean on Him. 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment