Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Relay for Life--Day Two

First, I would like to apologize for the late posting and few pictures.

I can truly say that I was moved by the people I met at this event.  How touching it is to have someone, you do not know, share with you the story of their battle with cancer.  Most people would not want to go down that road of memory ever again.  Why rehash the pain and fear and most assuredly thoughts of, what if, death?   

I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the bravest people I will ever meet other than someone who has served in a military campaign.  As I have come to find out, several of my co-workers have had some form of cancer and are now cancer free.  All I can say is "praise God."

So, without further adieu, here are a couple of pics I took at Relay for Life and will definitely do better next time.  I got there a little later than planned and was only able to get photos of the tents and people as it was winding down.  

 

Here the people are watching a dance group perform

One of the dance troupes finishing a routine.
 
 
 
I did not make it for the whole event but i was there for the announcing of the total raised at this event-- over $125,000 for the battle against cancer.  Once again "Praise God".  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment