Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Choose Life--Part Three

Just imagine for a moment, God dealing with us on the basis of  "do we deserve it or not."  How many of us would actually be alive?  How many of us would make it past the first act of forgiveness?  Very, very few I could safely presume.

Yet, God does not treat us as we deserve.  (His mercy has a lot to do with that.)  God knows our diminished capacity as a result of sin, so, He is compassionate towards us.  If that were not so NONE OF US would have formed in our mothers womb.  God did not say "on such and such day Darryl will commit murder" (because I had hatred in my heart for someone else.)  "Therefore, why allow him (me) to be created?"  God knows I will someday do something sinful.  God is a Holy God, meaning He is perfect in all ways.  I/we are not perfect.  Imperfection mars our path.  However, Jesus willingly took our place on the cross and we are now able to come before God and ask Him for forgiveness and (my greatest hope for you) eternal life.  Talk about a win-win situation.

Over the past few weeks my 'spiritual senses' have taken a beating.  I really cannot explain it and I will not try.  But in the barest of words, God is trying to get the attention of the inhabitants of this earth. My heart grieves for people who do not know Jesus as Lord and savior.  There is such a sense of urgency within me and even in the sky above a great event appears to be on the horizon.  It will both be good and bad, depending on your point of view--godly or ungodly.

Let me quote from I John 5:12 "He who has the Son (of God) has life; he who does not have the Son (of God) does not have life." 
My life used to consist of the things of this world and myself.  But now, my life consists of giving others the opportunity to "choose life" for themselves in the person of Jesus Christ.  Is it easy?  No.  But eternity is a long time to worry about "what if".  

Think about the words sung in the opening line of the song in part two of this series: 
 
A choice is set before you now
living or dying, blessing or cursing
You know, the time has come around
to turn from your fighting
and rest in His mercy.
 
Choose life, that you might live
the life that He gives you forever.
Choose life, the way that is true
from the One who chose you
your Father in heaven.
Choose life

 
Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life." 
What will you choose?
  



No comments:

Post a Comment