Monday, July 21, 2014

Moses and I


    How can one find sorrow amongst all of this beauty?  The greatness of God displayed and a  
    promised fulfilled.  The idea for "Moses and I" started with this picture.


                               
                                                        My words will not do it justice.



                             

Deuteronomy 34:4 Then the LORD said to him (Moses), "This is the land of which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying 'I will give it to your descendants.'  I have caused you to see it with your eyes, but you shall not cross over there."

I stood on the cliff and tried to take in the sheer magnitude of what I was seeing.  My mind drifted to Moses on Mount Nebo as he looked out at the Land of Promise.  

"And the LORD showed him all the land of Gilead as far as Dan, all Naphtali and the land of Ephraim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the Western Sea, the South, and the plain of the Valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees, as far as Zoar."
(Deuteronomy 34:1b-3)


What was going through the mind and heart of Moses as he surveyed the land?
What a priviledge he was being granted.
In a way I felt as Moses did.  My heart welled up with joy and sadness.  The journey of the Moses and the Israelites was a foreshadowing of the believers walk today.  Too much to get into but I know you are following me.
When all is said and done, not all who started this journey from Egypt to the Promised Land made it.
Some rebelled and turned away from God.  Others murmered and complained and fell because of judgment.  Many more died due to unbelief.  
However, all who stayed the course received their reward.


                       


                       
Before I took this picture with the bird (bald eagle) I prayed to God to let it fly towards me so 
I could get a closer shot and as soon as the period ended the sentence the eagle flew our way.
Praise God.

  

                     


    This picture probably displays best what I was partaking of.  Being so high up from the
    world there was nothing but peace all around.  All seemed so small and paled in comparison
    to the grandeur of God's perspective.  I really wished I could have stayed there.  
    Moses at 120 years old belayed the same message, but God had other plans.
    Unlike him my work is not done and I need to get back into the valley to try and lead others 
    to the mountaintop overlooking the Land of Promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment