Monday, March 17, 2014

A Slower Pace--Part II

In my last post I talked about taking time and resting.  Well, I took that advice and then some.  I went on a hike.  Last week two good friends of mine invited me on a little road trip to Locust Lake State Park.  Normally, I do not do such things, but it was a Saturday I was off and had nothing to do really and I needed a brake from the norm.  The week prior was not the best and the frustration was seeping through the cracks.  As you will see from the pictures it was during the winter, the snow may be a clue.  However, the day was very pleasant and warm.  So I took the plunge and went hiking.




           As I said Locust Lake State Park.  Part of the beautiful Pennsylvania landscape.





                           Marlon and Lisa. Life in PA is made nicer by knowing these two.

                                         


                             
                                            Lisa and I.  Yes, that is the lake we are standing on.
                                            It was frozen a good ways down.


                                         

                                                          Scenic view from the lake.

       

                                       A little farther out and portions of the lake is thawing.



       
                                                       More pics from the trail.
  


       


                  
       

                Here is Lisa and Marlon hamming it up for the kids in the background on the lake.
                Look how thick that ice is.




        
                                      

                                This is the end of our walk.  A backwards view of the journey.



                                      


                       Here is a forward view of our journey.  Almost across to where we started.




In closing I would like to say I had a great time with Lisa and Marlon and some sweet fellowship.  There were a number of people there.  Many families were out and about that day and the kids enjoyed the warm weather and snow.  I look forward to doing it again, albeit, without the snow.  If you are free come and join us.  It only took about 45 minutes time to go around once.  

Have a great day.  Spring is almost here.  Soli Dios Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment