Monday, June 23, 2014

Lead, Kindly Light

Lead, kindly light my eyes to You
the dark of this world only You can lead through
Lead, kindly light to the soul that is lost
able to redeem, like You, at all cost

Lead, kindly light by Your precious blood
that flows from the Cross, God's great love
Lead, kindly light me to my knees
to find forgiveness and escape the flood
O Kindly Light Your blood does cleanse
purge me clean from deep within

Lead, kindly light my life forever
It is in You that I delight
The bread to sustain is manna from heaven.
The water for my thirst is Your Holy Spirit.

Lead, kindly light for Your will is mine
Humbly I bow in Your holy presence
never again to search for earthly treasure.
You are my reward, an everlasting joy.
You are all I want to live for.

Lead, kindly light
Great and gracious King

No comments:

Post a Comment