Monday, June 23, 2014

(Part Two) Come Away

Luke 14:33 "So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple."

What does it cost to be a follower of Jesus Christ?  Quite a bit actually.  The apostles and early church without thought or consideration to this question simply gave up everything and followed.
The church today however, has to be reasoned with.  

We will all be judged by the Word of God literally.  
Jesus, the Word, will judge us at the Bema seat.
The Word of God will be the standard in which we are judged.

As I sat and listened to the music and felt the very presence of Almighty God peace began to battle the turmoil inside of me.  Spirit versus flesh.  I could no longer sit on the fence and love two masters.  
Lot was easy to remember as I thought on this.  
The angels urged Lot to "come away from the city, as God is preparing to destroy it."
Lot lingered; he trifled.  Great care was being taken to save he and his family, yet heeding the warning was not top priority.  God's great mercy was now being shown to me.  Would I linger in my decision and risk being caught in the coming destruction?  
The penetration was deep as the words of His Spirit begn to prick my heart.  Prayer became my song to Him.  The Spirit continued to flow within the room.  Was it like this in the Upper Room?  Yes, I do believe it was.  Utterances became mumbled as I tuned to the voice of the LORD.  "Yeah or nay?"

Lot and his family continued on to the city of refuge.  He entered the city just as the sun was rising on the earth. Judgment was nigh upon the land of Sodom and Gomorrah.
His wife looked back, against the warning of the angels, and was turned into a pillar of salt.
I have chosen to enter into my place of refuge...Jesus Christ.  No longer will this world hold sway over me.  Looking back cannot change the past, but it greatly alters my future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment