Monday, June 23, 2014

(Part One) Let It Go

Matthew 11:28-29 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."


Letting it go is the hardest part.  (For me at least). 

My deliverance began on Friday night with these three words "let it go".  

1.  There was no denying the Voice speaking the words: God
2.  There was no denying the ears meant to here the words: mine
3.  There was denying the intent behind their meaning: do it now

Confession offers the confessor a chance to move forward in their life.  It wipes the slate clean and we start anew.  I no longer need to carry the weight of my past transgressions. 
However, as I have come to learn confessing is not the same as repenting.  
Confession says I am sorry, but i will likely do this again.
Repenting means I am truly sorry and turn away from doing that which keeps me bound.  

I was constantly going back and forth with God about my life (past and present) and my sins.  And as a result I was stuck going nowhere in my spiritual life.   On the outside all appeared on the up and up, but as we all know...God looks at the heart.

My heart was dirty and filthy.  Here are some of the blood born pathogens that was clogging my heart.
Are you ready for this?  I was not.

Stealing, lying, lust, fornication, envy, hatred, idolatry, vanity, unfaithfulness, unbelief, denial, rebellion, anger and doubt.
This is the short list.  I could name more AND you can come up with some of your own for me and you would be correct.  End result, I needed help.  I needed deliverance.  The stain of sins was overtaking me physically and spiritually.  

" and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death."  James 1:15b

As the Spirit spoke, He was prompting me, convicting me, warning me to get right with God or face the sting of death apart from God.

Every word was true.  Now was the time for me to commit my life to God and walk as He would have me to.  I did not have to search too deep in my heart to know where my sin was.  As the night wore on, tears fell and I could no longer hold them back.  
Yes or no?  How would I respond to His words.




No comments:

Post a Comment