Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Shadowss

A man will be as a hiding place from the wind, and a cover from the tempest, as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.   Isaiah 32:2


Night has cast its last shadow.  My soul awakens to a different morning.  Only i didn't know it at the time.  

Movement amplifies the pain from my body.  I try to shield my eyes from the light streaming through the bars of my cell.  My body is bathed in dirt and filt.  Who cares?  They compliment my sin and shame.  I stretch my legs only to find more points of pain to release from my body.  
I yell.
I kick.  
I pound the floor with my hands.
I throw myself against the wall.
Another prayer for deliverance is directed at the moss covered ceiling.
Silence.

An unknown amount of time has passed.   My fate is sealed.  I give up.  
Suddenly, a shadow passes by.  I flinch.  My time has come.  Another shadow can now be seen.  They now stand side by side outside my cell.
The door is unlocked.  It slowly opens.  However, the light pouring into my cell is different.  
It feels different.  It tastes different.  
Has death found me and come to take me to my eternal reward?  
I look at my hands and arms.  Soon my eyes find the rest of my body and I cannot believe all that is before me.  The walls of my prison now shine with the brightness of a million stars.  In my weakened form I try to stand.  I cannot.  Four powerful hands grab hold of me and lift me up.  I feel as though I am being transported.  Am i walking on air?  A strange wonderful scent fills my nostrils.  A sweet smelling savor.  A voice that sounds like the roaring sea fills my being.  Warmth and peace envelope my heart.
"Come with me My child.  My angels have been sent to your side to free you and bring you forth to Me."
"Who are You?"
"I AM the One you cried out to in your days of bondage.  When no one appeared to hear, I did."  
"Am I alive?
"You are in Me."
"Why?"
"Step into the light and you will see."


My steps are slow.  I am unsure of what has happened to me.  Am I dreaming?  








No comments:

Post a Comment