Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Shadowssss

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.  Psalm 91:1,15


Before I continue let me say that I am only presenting this to you.  I am not forcing this upon you nor am I asking you to blindly accept it.  All i ask is that you consider it and the implications.
  
Let me lay two things before you:
Point 1:  God is the Creator of all things.  The earth, the heavens to the stars in the sky and all things underneath.  Birds of the air, the fish of the sea and the unseen are all creations of God.  
Point 2:   Only those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and savior of their lives can call God,     
their Father.  John 1:12 states "But as many as have received Him, to them He gave the power to become sons and daughters of God."              
We all have different earthly fathers.  But, unless your father adopts me I cannot call him my father.  It is not possible.  

God is in the midst of everything going on in the lives of everyone on this planet.  He, being God, occupies time and space everywhere.  The good times, the bad times and even the times when nothing appears to be going on God is there.  Knowing that, we are all constantly in the presence of the Almighty.  But depending on who YOU ARE, He is either God or Father.  God is a shelter and a resting place to His children.  That is one of the many assurances, those of us (humanity) who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ can lay claim to.  For some who only know God as god, we cannot cross over into that area of belief because it is foreign to them.  Not all, but some.  Yet, the barrier is still there because they have come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. 

There is gentleman at work with whom I share some past experiences and hardships.  We both grew up in the church and we both walked away from the church during our formative high school years.  When time allows we have our 'religious' discussions and talk about the bible and God and life in general.  However, this is where we differ.  GREATLY!!!!! 
The hardships we both endured have brought about two different views of the same God.
My times of trials brought me back to the God i grew up hearing about in my home church.  Instead of relying on others to tell me of Him, I decided to seek Him out myself.  I wanted to know if what I heard and read was true.  I set my heart on God and He revealed the truth of His word and character to me.
My coworker on the other hand refused to believe that the God he had heard of and read about, would
let him experience the hardships he did at such a young age.  He has hardened his heart against God.  

One of his most well-used reponses to me is, "Unless God himself comes down and tells me and shows me, I will not believe it."  
I tell him that which he already knows, "God himself did come down and tell you and show you.  Jesus Christ."  
Second most used reply to me. (true quote coming) "Unless i meet someone who was alive back then, I still will not believe."
My spirit cringes and heart sinks at the mention of those words.
He goes on to add, "too many people have lied to me for me to believe anything anyone says to me."
Despite all the deliverances the Lord has done for him in his life, he still does not believe.  

We all have shadows in ourlives.  Each shadow represents something, someone that we have experienced in the course of our lives.  Shadows come and go and even stay.  But there is One shadow the will always remain.  The Shadow of the Cross.
John 10:10 (Jesus speaking) "The thief does not come expect to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.  I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
God knows when we are having difficult times.  He is in the midst of them.  As our Father or as God.  But it is our response to God in those times of trouble that shows the true depths of our hearts.  God will answer in His time and His way.  

Psalm 34:4  I sought the LORD and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 40:1  I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me and heard my cry.
Psalms 120:1  In my distress I cried to the LORD and He heard me.

None of these say when God delivered them (and He did), but they do say He heard them.  No matter what I go through  God does hear me.  Because of that and that alone I will continue to dwell (establish oneself) and abide (remain there) under the covering of His glorious light that streams from the Shadow of the Cross

God bless.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment