Monday, October 26, 2015

Be Still, My Soul--3

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."      John 14:27 (Jesus speaking)

Allow me to go forward by going backwards.  
God was always a part of my life seeing as how my mother was always praying for me.  I as a child and a young adult, had very little time for God.

I will not get into my early, pre-salvation life, 'tis very boring.  

One day I was at the end of my rope and the walls were closing in.  I was a very angry and frustrated teen.  Why?  That answer eludes me still to this day.  Although our eternal enemy may have had a hand in it.  
For many years my mother quoted this scripture to me from First Chronicles 28:9 "As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a perfect heart and a willing mind: for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek Him, He will be found of thee; but if you forsake Him, He will cast thee off forever."

Laying on my bed one night after another fitfull and trying day, tears streaming down my face I cried out to this God in whom I never truly had time for.  Here is what I said.
"God, if You are real and You can hear me, tell me why am I so angry all the time?
Why don't I have peace?  Please God take away this anger and give me peace."
I fell asleep soon after not entirely sure if that prayer would be answered.  
Much like David said to Solomon, and my mother to me, seeking after God was my only means to finding peace and not being cast off forever.
The following morning i awakened to the inner peace I had soooooo long sought after, but never knew existed.  That was when God became real to me.  My soul had been quieted.  

V.1 Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side; bear patiently the cross of grief and pain
      leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change He faithful will remain. 
      Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly friend thro' thorny ways leads to a joyful end.   

My soul does rest in the Lord.  That first verse speaks of a life as a child of the King.  Before I knew Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, I did not know how faithful He was and could be.  But now!  I see His faithfulness everyday.  Let me end with this verse from the gospel of Matthew.
Matthew 11:28 "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

If you want peace, go to the Peacemaker
If you want healing, go to the Healer
If you want joy, go to the One who can take away your sorrows
If you are weary, go to the One who can give you strength

Come to the Cross of Calvary

It is there where YOU will find an all-sufficient God who can meet all of YOUR needs
Come humbly, come crying, come bowed down, come in need, come empty, come burdened.  
Just come.
Jesus is there to greet you with arms wide open.

God bless.



 





No comments:

Post a Comment