Thursday, October 8, 2015

My mornings are spent continuously hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock.  As I do this the news begins to play on my am/fm radio (who still uses those?) and I catch up on current events from around the world.  
Less than an hour later light from the sun filters through my curtainless window and I am refreshed by the light of its presence.  A new day is dawning.

Hosea the prophet is echoing the same sentiment in regards to the Israel.
Come, and let us return to the LORD; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
After two days He will revive us; on the third day He will raise us up, that we may live in His sight.

Israel although in sin, continues to find mercy and grace in the eyes of God.  
Hosea pleads with Israel to turn from its idolatrous lifestyle.  Even in the darkness God's word goes forth to condemn in judgment and comfort during repentance.

Just as the sun rises everyday and the warmth of her rays find me to penetrate the darkness of the passing night, so to does the faithfulness of God shine down on His children as we are awakened to a renewed life, a renewed hope, to an unchanging God.  
This same God who keeps us in His sight and showers us with mercy and grace until we return to Him and the glory of His presence.
God like the morning sun, is established forever.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment