Thursday, October 29, 2015

Be Still, My Soul--4

"From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."  Psalm 61:2


Abraham.  Moses.  Joshua.  Elijah.  Deborah.  Anna.  Simon.  Priscilla.  Lazarus.  On and on and on. 

Many throughout the scriptures have suffered for the faith and have experienced great hardships.
The name of Jesus was forbidden.  He was nailed to a cross and died and was buried.  End of story.
Maybe their story, those who did not believe.
He was nailed to a cross and died and was buried.  But three days later He arose from the grave.
The story continues, for those who believed.

God promises is His word to never leave us or forsake us.  This especially so during our trials and tribulations as believers and messengers of the gospel message of salvation.  
For the past few days I have had the pleasure of talking to someone about Jesus and what His salvation is and means.  The young lady with whom I am talking was near tears, well she actually cried, when I told her "death is the end of any chance we have to make a decision for Christ.  After that we are judged."

Silence filled the time and her look told me she was not happy with what I said.  In my spirit I was screaming "now is the accepted time."  However, I did not want to push.  I often want them to say yes and be done with it.  Too often I get questions and what if's, but few decisions for eternal salvation.
Frustration sets in and I have to quiet my soul because the work is not being done by me  or in me.  The Holy Spirit is at work in that person and I need to step out of the way.
"Pray" says the voice inside me.  I obey and have not stopped yet.  

My mind recalls the middle portion of the first verse of "Be Still, My Soul"
Leave to the God to order and provide
In every change He faithful will remain
Be still, my soul

Peace, followed by repentance guide my heart's desire.  Thy will be done LORD not mine.
Trust in the Lord.
Trust in His Word.
Pray without ceasing.


God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment