Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Seven= And God said.....

And the LORD said to Moses, "I will send My Angel before you, and I will drive out the Caananite and the Amorite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite."

God has decided to not to lead His children into the promised land because of their stubbornness and in His anger wanted to consume the nation of Israel.  

What would I do if God said to me "My presence will not go before you."  
I don't know!!!  Would I respond as Moses did and intercede for the people?  Could I go in front of God and dare ask Him to change His mind?  God did have probable cause.
Or....I could look at the attitude of the people and say "LORD Your will be done."  

At this moment Moses stood in the gap for those who were asking for judgment and instead received mercy. I am a much lesser man than Moses.  Far too often lately I speak with people and the conversations lead me to say to God "judge them my LORD."  
Where is my compassion?  God is not willing that ANYONE should spend an eternity separated from Him.  
God has a covenant with Israel and even He cannot break it.  He swore by Himself and there is no higher power than Jehovah. 
Moses became burdened for these people and asked God to spare them.  I had no such resolve for the unsaved around me.  I see and hear how stiff-necked they are about the things of God and I want to become a silent witness, by not witnessing.  God had other ideas.  
Micah 6:8 becomes the rod of correction God uses on me.  "He has show you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you?  But to do justly, to love mercy and walk humbly with your God?"

JUSTICE. MERCY. HUMBLENESS.

Moses exhibited all three when he went before God on behalf of a(n) stubborn and rebellious people.  I was pricked in my heart and sought the LORD and His forgiveness.  
MY heart was being shaped and molded by the will of the people and I was in a dangerous place.  
How dare I say LORD reveal Yourself to me and yet in the next instance ask God to hide himself from those who truly need Him?
God is supposed to be seen in me by all who see me.  WHERE IS HIS GLORY?  
Squashed by my anger because the people continue to challenge God.  
Was I not in their place before the Holy Spirit broke through to my heart?  Yes!

Moses needed to be refreshed and opened his heart to God, "if I have found grace in Your sight, show me Your glory, that I may know You and find grace in Your sight.  And consider that these people are your people."  We all know God honored this request.  

However, will God honor my request for more of Him, if, I refuse to see His lost creations simply as sheep who have gone astray?  

No comments:

Post a Comment