Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sanctuary, Volume Two

Psalm 96:6 "Honor and majesty are before Him; Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary."  

Corporate worship can be a wonderful thing.  It is beautiful in sight, as all of God's children come together in one accord lifting our eyes to heaven seeking the face of our eternal Father. Our holy hands raised in surrender to Him and His will.  Hearts joined together by a desire to honor God alone, who is worthy to be praised.  

Exodus 15 records, I think, one of the earliest forms of corporate worship.  At the very least it is an outdoor tent service.  
Their former captors and enemy has been vanquished, their freedom has been secured and now they are on the path to the Land of Promise.  
Sounds like us today, does it not?  Yes.  
Our enemy Satan has been defeated by Jesus Christ at the cross of Calvary, who at the same time secured the freedom for all those who would make Him their LORD and Saviour.  Three days later when He walked out of the grave our salvation was established in heaven, our future Land of Promise.  
Several times during worship services in my church I have wept, simply because, it seems so unbelievable.  I now have a hope and a future home. 
David wrote in Psalm 139:6 "such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain into it."
Yet, despite my unbelief, God made it possible.  
Standing in the sanctuary in the very presence of God with others who experienced His mercy, grace and goodness, through the blood of Jesus, humbles me.  We are only offering back to Jehovah what belongs to Him.  PRAISE.
Let me close with Psalm 30:12 
"To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent.  O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever."
Corporate worship is a preamble to our (prayerfully soon) heavenly worship.  What David said, I want to say, I hope it is what your are saying or want to say as well.  

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment