Friday, December 4, 2015

God knows

Good morning everyone.

This morning i awakened with Psalm 37 on my mind.  With all that has transpired the last couple of weeks around the globe, mankind seems to have taken several steps backward.  Sin seems to be reaching lower depths as the days go by.  Recalling the words of my pastor to "look up instead of out", praise comes from my lips.  God is in control.  
As I glance at the verses I read words like trust (3), delight (4), commit (5), rest (7) and as David did, I too find comfort in the LORD my God.  
Being a child of God naturally I want everyone to know God as I do and find forgiveness and restoration through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.  But, not all will accept the free gift of salvation.
So I endure as best I can.  Verse 18 The LORD knows the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be forever.
All who have passed through and are still on this earth now will inherite forever.  The choice being either heaven or hell?  God knows whom will decide for or against Him.  Free will has been imparted to all of us.  It is ours to decide.

This psalm closes with these words in verse 40, "and the LORD shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him."
Where do you place your trust?  Is it in yourself?  Family?  Friends?  Or other people?
Who can deliver you from this present evil world?  Who can reserve a place for you in the world to come?  God can.


God bless


No comments:

Post a Comment