Friday, December 11, 2015

Touch--Intermission A

Grief covers me like a dense fog as I read the word of God and think of all who may perish through unbelief and the rejection of the free gift of salvation offered to all.

When sharing the message of salvation I try to tell them about God's love for them and His desire to have an eternal fellowship with them in heaven.  Yet, because of sin we are separated from God.  That is why we need Jesus, to bridge that gap between the Creator and the created.  

Jude verses 22-23 tells me " some will be saved by compassion ( love and mercy) and some will literally need to be pulled from the very flames of hell, because of fear."

My first thoughts of hell came after the death of my mother and just wondering where could she be.  Not bodily but spiritually.  God spoke and I knew.  
Many choose hell simply because of ignorance.  They have no idea what awaits them once they take that final breath apart from the saving grace of the cross of calvary.  In the mind of many hell will be a place where they can party with their friends.  Hell is a place of suffering and torment for all of eternity.  
The last written installment of the "Touch" series will look at the subject of hell.  

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment