Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Upper Room in the Dining Room

I had a wonderful experience an hour ago.  While waiting for a friend of mine to get out of therapy in a local nursing facility I had the proviledge of witnessing a sort of revival.

My intentions were to visit a fellow church member, but she was in physical therapy, so i went to the other side of the building and visited the father of a co-worker.  Having met him in the hall on his way to the dining area, we walked and talked about christmas and family and things to come.  
Once we got there the radio was playing music from the 40's, 50's and 60's era.  Every once-in-a-while a christmas song chimed in putting us in a good, but subdued mood.

Until.....

After about 15 minutes of being there, the song Silent Night started to play.  Without making a sound i just formed the words with my lips and sang along.  Then, a lady across at the next table started lip synching the song, and then another, then another.  As I panned around the room everyone and I mean everyone was mouthing the words to Silent Night.  It was a moment to behold.  In that room of about 20-30 residents the name of Christ was on each set of lips and in their hearts.  My eyes teared and a smile was on my face.  
Acts chapter 2 tells of the Day of Pentecost when those gathered, in one accord praying and seeking God's direction, in the upper room were filled with the Holy Spirit.  This may not be the upper room but I would not doubt that the Spirit of God filled each person and caused them to sing in one accord the words of Silent Night.  God be praised.
The song ended and no one moved.  It was a moment of silent introspection and continuance of a very powerful time.  I prayed thanking God for this priviledge.  
Several seconds later movement came from my left, a chair scraping the floor.  The workers were getting the residents ready for lunch.  The moment has passed but will not be forgotten.
Definitely a sign of things to come. 
Will it be the body of Christ? 

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment