Thursday, December 3, 2015

Today has been a wonderful day.  As I was awakened by my alarm at 5 o'clock, I was warmed not by my covers nor the heat, but by the presence of God Himself.
Before going to bed last night i purposed in my heart to get up and not listen to the news on the radio as I normally do, but instead spend that hour in prayer.

Isaiah 26:9a With my soul I have desired You in the night, yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early;

And I did.  It was time well spent, namely for two reasons.

First, obviously being in the presence of the Almighty God.  My desire is to continually dwell in His presence not just through existence but by seeking His face daily.  Purposely wanting to have a time of intimacy with Him.
Second, the peace that fills me as I bask in His glory.  My problem when praying is that I am praying.  
God rarely gets a word in edgewise.  Sometimes I ramble on and on and on.  

This time was different.  Moments of silence filled most of our time together.  As previously stated I was warmed and filled with peace.  I could not say anything but "thank you" to such an awesome priviledge.  My thoughts did not stray, nor did any enter in.
Hebrews 4:16 states (paraphrased) because of the blood of Jesus, through prayer we can come boldly to the throne of grace, for help in a time of need."
However, the need I had this time as I came before Him, was, simply Him.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment