Tuesday, March 22, 2016

In Stages

It has been some time since I've wanted to see the sun rise.  So, I awakened this morning with a renewed joy.  As I prepared myself and (as a back-up) set my alarm to go off at 620, giving me plenty of time to get in position for the 0703 event.
I cannot say that I actually went back to sleep because I was giddy with excitement.  

As I watched I began to think about the spiritual condition of mankind.  As a help I will use one of my favorite verses from the bible, Isaiah 60:2.



                 
                              For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, 
                                 and gross darkness the people...(v. 2a)

The picture above is currently the spiritual condition of many people today because of sin.
I was once covered in sin and darkness.  But then someone told me about Jesus and how his death on the cross and the shedding of His blood can take away the darkness of sin and give me a new life.  Eternal life.




                  
                          Psalm 18:28 For You will light my lamp; The LORD 
                                      my God will enlighten my darkness.   

As I began to read the word of God and grow spiritually, I started to see there were other things in my life that could possibly hinder my walk with the Lord.  As I dealt with each issue the darkness slowly turned to light.  
Psalm 18:30 As for God, His way is perfect; the word or the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who will trust Him.

                   
With the Holy Spirit indwelling and the Light of His presence before me, I could not stumble and not get up.   In a few days time I will turn 45.  These past 4+ years have been very, very hard on me and I never imagined my life turning out the way that it has.  Life has not been kind and I've struggled to maintain my sanity as best I could.  Staying close to God has at times been even harder.  Why? 
God knows my struggles, the number of my days and everything in between.  He is not surprised by any of it.  Through personal issues and financial hardships God has proven faithful to me.  Yes, I would like to have some relief from my trials and sufferings but God never said it would be easy.  

Hmm.  Maybe even understanding of it all would be better?  
Growing pains are a part of all of our lives and for the one who acknowledges and has God as Lord and Saviour of their lives we know that we should rejoice because it all leads to the praise, glory and honour of Jesus Christ when He is revealed to us on that day. 1st Peter 1:6,7



                    
As children of the Most High God we are to grow from glory to glory.  It says so in His word.  
Jesus suffered pain as He hung on the cross.  Yet, His mind was on the things to come for all who choose to follow in his footsteps...forsaking all for the glory of the Father.
This final picture represents the glory of God.  It's not a true representation, but it serves its purpose.  
Let me end with a verse from the Old Testament book of Lamentations (KJV).
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassionate fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.  The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore I will hope in him.

Just as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west so too is the faithfulness of my God.
Thank you Jesus.  


God bless





No comments:

Post a Comment