Thursday, March 31, 2016

"Time"

Time.....

I have used it wisely.  
I have wasted it.
I have ignored it.
I have watched it go by without any regard.
I have also hated it.

Some days I have more it and some days I have less of it.
No matter what I do, time, will go on.  It stops for no one.
(Well, that's not entirely true.)

For the last couple of weeks I have been reading from the book of Ecclesiastes written by King Solomon.  As with Solomon I too have taken stock of my life and find myself lacking.
What period of life was Solomon in?  Early days as King?  Mid-life?  Or near the end of his reign?
I have an idea.  However, you shall have to wait until I finish the book to find out.

Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived and he spoke with much wisdom.  Yet, the words here in Ecclesiastes are spoken from his heart.  I guess you can say that it is wisdom mixed in with life's experience.  
(Me thinks I have an answer.)  

Today I started chapter 3 and just reading the first 8 verses I tried to guesstimate what season of life I am in now.  My answer is verse 6.


                                                  A time to gain, 
                                                      and time to lose; 
                                                  A time to keep,
                                                      and a time to throw away;



See ya in part two.

Thank you and God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment