Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Giving All (Saturday)

Paul says in 1st Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not i, but the grace of God which was with me."

I have had the great priviledge of working alongside some very wonderful and Godly christians. 
They had a compassion and grace about them the exuded Jesus.  I wanted to be like that.
But what did I have to do to be that type of person?  

I needed to give God, what He gave to me, my all.
Paul says "once I understood the grace of God in relation to my life and who is was, before knowing Him, there was no turning back."
As we read throughout the New Testament scriptures of the bible, Paul and the men and women of the early church gave their all to the spreading of the gospel.  Every time they encountered someone along the way, their was, a drawing of the spirit, to them.  But, the outward got of the Light of Jesus could be seen upon them as well.
Giving all, first begins within our spirits.  We must surrender our spirits to the Holy Spirit so He can freely flow through us.  Then, we must surrender our bodies in service to the Lord as well.
Our spiritual sacrifice must be more than mere words; it must be an investment of our lives in the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of others (1). 

If God gave His all, Jesus Christ, so that we may find forgiveness and redemption through the cross, then how can we give less and expect others to see the love, mercy and grace of God in us?

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment